What is a Nurture Group?
Our Nurture group, The Den, is an in-school, teacher-led intervention. It is a small group where we aim to mimic early nurturing experiences for the children. We achieve this by immersing students in an accepting and warm environment which helps develop positive relationships with both teachers and peers.
Nurture groups are developed around six principles of nurture:
• Learning is understood developmentally
• The classroom offers a safe base
• The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
• Language is a vital means of communication
• All behaviour is communication
• The importance of transition in the lives of children and young people.
Follow the link below to read all about the principles of a Nurture Group.