At Ledbury Primary School we are committed to delivering an exciting, child-led, enquiry based science curriculum. We have worked with the children to decide what makes a great science lesson and used these ideas to inform our Principles of Teaching and Learning as laid out below.
Through our curriculum we want the children to:
- be inspired to find out more and confident to report their findings
- understand that science is open ended and there are always opportunities to discover more
- develop and share ideas and feel able to question these ideas and those of others based on evidence generated
- record in a variety of creative ways including the use of technology
- be assessed in a formative way which challenges them by providing the next steps
- confidently use scientific vocabulary