“Every child is an artist…”
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
At LPS we value highly the arts and culture and are proud of the quality of our provision.
A range of arts experiences are offered to students through the creative curriculum. Links with history, geography, literacy and RE ensure a wide coverage of cultures, including Islamic art, Tudor portraits, Egyptian masks and Greek pottery.
Our aims are:
* To ensure an entitlement to a range of high quality arts experiences for every pupil, whatever background and ability.
* To ensure a co-ordinated approach to arts education, including arts partnerships, which meets the needs of the school.
* To ensure the best use of resources inside and outside school.
* To ensure links with the community, which strengthen and broaden arts provision in school.
* To ensure the learning and teaching in and through the arts directly contributes towards the raising of pupils achievement in all areas of the curriculum.
Our objectives are:
* To express feelings and ideas in a variety of different forms.
* To increase children's knowledge and understanding of the wider world and enrich their experiences.
Information about some of the artists we learn about at Ledbury Primary School